Monday, October 24, 2011

A New Challenge!

Sometimes I am a very focused and determined lady.  Yesterday I walked twenty minutes to Micucci's and sat for thirty more waiting for the famed Sicilian Slab, slapping down $4.75 of my hard-earned cash for *you*, dear (imaginary) reader, and for the nobility of the pizza crusade.  Sometimes, I take nothing more seriously than pizza.  Sometimes, though, I get distracted by salsa, and start a whole 'nother crusade on the side.  I'm unpredictable!

 "I'm shocked!" - You

Okay, but in the Public Market House, I noticed on the way back shelves a small little label that said "Olives and Gin".  Being a bit of a lush, I am naturally attracted to those words.  I reached back and pulled back a mysterious and marvelous jar (Okay, I knew right away it was salsa, but the mystery adds to the whole shebang of the thing), and read a delightful little sea shanty on the side.  

The very same day that the ship first set sail,
Old Pegleg the cook spilled his tankard of ail.
It dropped in the salsa that brewed on the hob
"Alas!" Pegleg cried, "there goes me job!"

"Perhaps I can save it".  He dipped in his spoon.
The taste was sublime - Pegleg fell in a swoon.
Recovering quick, he filled up a jar.
"This is worth more than gold," mused the old salty tar.

Pegleg ran to the fore deck, brandishing chips,
crying, "Mateys, ahoy, let this snack touch your lips."
The captain was smitten and dug in with such zeal
he forgot his sworn duty and took his hands from the wheel...

So yeah, they all died.  But the important thing that this shanty was communicating to me was the fact that I held in my hand a brand devoted entirely to boozy salsa, aka devoted entirely towards making my life better.

Here is their website:  http://stores.homestead.com/shipwreckgalley/StoreFront.bok  The old man singing My New All-Time Favorite Shanty is actually rather annoying, so try to pause him as quickly as you can.

Anyway, I'm hilariously making a big hubbabaloo, but to say it with brevity, this is a neat thing.  There are six flavors : Black Bean and Beer, Black Pepper and Ale, Cherry and Brandy, Chipotle and Tequila, Olives and Gin, and Peach and Schnapps.  I am super looking forward to the black pepper with ale, the cherries and brandy, and the olives and gin.

 They are adorable and I love them!

In my reviews (haha, did you not think I would do very serious, detailed reviews?  Obviously, I'll be doing some reviews), I will follows the same rating structure as the pizza crusade.  Meaning that, there will be five individual components rated on 1-5 scale, and then are averaged together and added to an overall experience, which is rated on a 1-5 scale.    There are only six, so this obsession will die down pretty quickly.  As opposed to pizza, which will go on....forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment